Skip to main content

COVID-19: For more information, visit our page on family law during the pandemic.

Separation and divorce

What should you do if you receive a judicial application? (De facto partners)

This page will soon be available in English. In the meantime, here's a list of web pages on the same topic.

Respond to an urgent application

For the Montreal courthouse only: Opposing an "Interim/Saveguard" Family Order (Bar of Montreal)


Are you eligible for legal aid?

If you have a low income or are on social assistance, a legal aid lawyer may be able to complete your legal proceedings, free of cost.

To find out if you’re eligible:

Am I financially eligible? (Commission des services juridiques)


The information presented on this page is not a legal opinion or legal advice. This page explains in a general way the law that applies in Quebec. To obtain a legal opinion or legal advice on your personal situation, consult a legal professional.

Available soon on JuridiQC

A simple tool to help you start your joint application for divorce

JuridiQC will guide you, step by step, to simplify the process for you. Stay tuned, and subscribe to our social networks.